CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009.
Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
We are looking to recruit suitably qualified and competent individuals to join our Innovation Unit on the following 7 positions below:
1. ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive and support the establishment of Application Architecture capabilities and services to CRDB. The Application Architect has to develop and implement the Architectural and Governance principles for the ICT frameworks. The application architect should be able to bring solution design knowledge, which enables solution developers to transition to new application delivery types and become proficient in them more quickly.
Represent the Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Applications architecture domains within the company ensuring that these are aligned to the business capabilities. Application Architecture will be delivering enterprise architecture artefacts and content for the Applications and SOA domains i.e. the reference architectures, EA landscapes, portfolios, application and SOA roadmaps and be the custodian of the enterprise applications portfolio landscape.
Provide enterprise guidance and impact analysis on strategic projects. Must be able to frame designs at the right level for delivery into solution architecture teams. Build the business to IT alignment views as concerned with the Application and SOA portfolios. Apply the relevant architecture governance for the SOA and applications architecture domains as aligned to the IT governance, project governance and SDLC activities. Understand the external factors, strategy directions, business drivers and macro-economic impact on the enterprise. Able to interpret this impact into meaningful scenarios and architecture solutions.
Responsible to engage the development teams and encouraging them to use existing models, methods, services or other artefacts to speed up the process of development, make it more predictable, and provide developers useful information that makes their work easier and produce systems that run well and easily maintained.
Architectural and Governance
- Assist in creating, building and maintaining the enterprise architecture competency and capability
- Define the SOA and Application architecture vision, strategy, principles, standards and policies
- Construct and maintain the SOA and applications architecture landscapes & roadmaps
- Facilitate in the creation, maintenance of and adherence to Architectural principles with specific focus on the creation and maintenance of the application and SOA principles.
Application Analysis and design projects
- Develop architecture deliverables required on strategic projects including conceptual architectures and current as-is and to-be future state architectures and transition planning methods
- Provide input, on large-scale projects and road maps for compatibility with the vision. Identifying critical architecturally significant concerns and aspects of enterprise–wide systems usage within these strategic projects and their impact on the quality aspects of their designs
- Work collaboratively with other EA team members (domain architects) working on projects to deliver the architecture artefacts and guidance provided from those teams into the programmers and projects.
Develop Application Service Specifications
- Develop Application Service Specification
- Determine the scope of applications and technical solutions and Conduct capacity planning
- Model artefacts for integrated software components Ensure traceability between Applications Service Specification and requirement.
- Identifies the business impact of change and risks associated.
- Develops mitigating actions and change strategies to enable enterprise wide solutions to integrate well with existing practices
- Applying a risk-driven approach to architecting enterprise solutions which utilizes a combination of architecture principles, decisions, patterns, standards and best practices including architecture proof of concepts (POC’s) where necessary, as a response to mitigate the design risks imposed on the projects and improve the Quality of Service (QoS) requirements.
- Remain abreast of the latest technology innovations and trends and translate this into sound advice to the organization strategy setters
- Contributes to the development of new thought leadership, innovation and best practice.
- Monitors emerging trends and evaluates their potential impact on the broader.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive offerings that could change the domain landscape, affects multiple domains (portfolio of solutions domains) or the broader organization.
- Own the Enterprise Application Architecture blueprints and influence IT and business stakeholders towards alignment and adoption of the front to back architecture
- Facilitate inter-project, inter-process and inter programme IT Architecture integration across the IT systems landscapes and application portfolios.
- Facilitate external input and vendor influence on architecture evolution
- Builds and maintains relationships within the organization’s structures and within the larger field of specialty
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Masters degree in Business/IT or related fields
- Enterprise Architect Certification preferred.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills.
- Minimum 5 -8 years’ of relevant working experience in ICT field
- Experience must include:
o Application architecture
o ICT Governance
o Solution analysis and design
o Data modelling
o Software component integration
- Knowledge of development, implementation and integration methodologies.
- The ability to identify cross-process business requirements that can be converted into reusable software services
- The ability to perform technical system design that meets the current application needs and future changes
- The ability to demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills when dealing with both IT and business
- Business process and Project management
- Understanding of model driven architectures
- Expertise on distributed architectures and Service Oriented Architectures
- Understanding of solution architecture and database design
- Technical understanding of a system being analyzed and how it affects the various business units.
- Able to work well with both internal and external clients
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidates will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION & CLOSING DATE
Interested candidates who meet the criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcript, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources not later than 22nd April 2019:
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAAM.