The Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance (CHRAGG) is an independent and autonomous public institution established by Article 129(1) of the Constitution of the United Republic of Tanzania, Cap 2 R. E. 2002 with mandate to ensure the promotion, protection and respect of human rights and good governance in the country.
The Nomination Committee hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens for the posts of a Chairperson of the Commission, Vice Chairperson and Commissioners to fill vacancies in the Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance.
COMMISSIONERS (5 POSTS)
An applicant should at least possess a Bachelor Degree in matters relating to Law, Human Rights, Administration, Political or Social affairs.
An applicant must possess the following qualities, namely:
- Knowledge, experience and a considerable degree of involvement in matters related to law, governance, politics or social affairs;
- Highest reputation known for high morality, integrity, impartiality and competence in matters of human rights and good governance;
- Strong commitment to human rights norms and values;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in both English and Kiswahili languages
- Ability to balance rights and to make fair and sound decisions expeditiously, and to articulate them in writing or orally;
- Capacity to handle emotionally difficult and challenging situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Capacity to handle delicate social and political situations and complaints with confidentiality, where necessary;
- Strong conflict resolution skills; and
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, as well as alone. DUTIES
- Formulate and implement policy decisions of the Commission;
- Direct, supervise and oversee the functions of the Departments of the Commission;
- Assist the Chairperson in the discharge of the functions of the Commission; and
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned to them by the Chairperson.
DUTY STATION: DODOMA (4), ZANZIBAR (1)
All positions’ appointment shall be for a period of three years with eligibility of re-appointment for one more term of three years subject to performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All the applications must contain handwritten or typed application letter, accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of all relevant academic qualifications, three duly signed reference letters of recommendation, including telephone numbers and email addresses of both the applicant and referees.
All applicants who participated in the last application process are encouraged to re-apply.
SUBMISSIONS OF THE APPLICATIONS
All the applications, including three duly signed letters of recommendation, should be sent by registered post mail, fax or email or submitted in person in the Office of the Secretary, the Nomination Committee through the following details:
Secretary, Nomination Committee,
The Office of the Attorney General,
Plot Number 21,
Ihumwa Government City Street,
P.0 Box 630,
Mobile Phone: +255 737 103 239 Telephone: +255-26-2321861 Fax: +255-26-2321681 Email: email@example.com
Secretary, Nomination Committee,
C/o Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance,
Haki House, Luthuli Street,
PO Box 2643,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Mobile Phone: +255 737 103 239,
Telephone: 255 (022)2135747/8, 2137125,
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 8th MAY 2019.