Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Title: Administration Officer
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education, health and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the following position:
Dar es Salaam office management:
- Ensure the smooth running of administration at the Dar head office, including coordinating and adapting systems as required.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to IRC Head Office Dar reception
- Assisting in Supporting administration and Business Networking in and Outside the Organization
- Responsible for visitors and ensure that visitors are recorded and received with courtesy interviewed and is directed accordingly, ensure proper tracking of all visitors in collaboration with Guards
- Receiving and responding to all internal and external queries at the reception
- Assist the entire Dar office to any required administrative and secretarial work, including typing documents/reports, filling correspondence, photocopying and supplying resource materials, drafting letters and other materials (e.g. memos) etc.
Information and communications
- Lead in organizing meetings at the office and maintain appointments for usage of the conference room, ensure the conference room is in a tidy condition all the time, with checking before and after meetings on supplies and equipments.
- Ensure Controls Telephone usage and channels calls to appropriate offices and prepare telephone bills on monthly basis in collaboration with Supply Chain
- Ensure outgoing and incoming mails reaches the intended destiny and tracked
- Maintain smooth flow of information and communication in the office receiving and channeling all correspondence to the appropriate persons internally and externally
- Support with cross departmental filing and paper management as required
- Provide support for the minuting of meetings as requested.
- Support in coordinating administrative support for visitors and expat staff coming into Dar office (arrangement of office accommodation, communication and other welfare)
- Booking appointments for the country director and other senior staff with stakeholders
- Maintain partner and other stakeholders contact information
- Planning preparing events and carrying out post event evaluations
- Tags human resources office management photocopying public relations quality management records management refugees time management typing
- Provide direct support to the Liaison manager with the coordination of government and other stakeholders administrative requirements
- Performing protocols/etiquette and public relations activities as to be guided by the CD/SMT
- Support all Dar staff in organizing meetings, scheduled, communicated and prepare related minutes.
Finance and budgeting
Working together with Supply Chain, IT and Liaison, coordinate the BVA for all office and administrative lines and develop a spending plan for these lines to ensure timely spending of the budget lines.
- Ensure availability of sufficient office stationary & consumable supplies for both office and expat houses for the latter. Control (including budget) and monitor use of office supplies in collaboration with Supply Chain Department
- Responsible to raise PRs at DSM office so that segregation of duties is maintained. Such PRs are for travels, accommodation, utilities, DSTV, repairs, maintenance, leasing and consumables.
- Responsible for office equipment usage (photocopiers, printers, Scanner, duplicating machine etc.) and report any breakdown to his/her supervisor. Ensure quality management of procured stationery materials and other supplies at the reception and CD’s office
- Support the Supply Chain team in ensuring that all staff have adequate and habitable office space and identify industrial hazards within the working space
- Support to ensure training and meetings are smoothly happening as to be requested and ensure participant’s lists are generated and all services provided as per order placed
- Track all PRs received from filed and make follow up accordingly and respond to field on status
- Supervise Cleaners to ensure the office and expert guest house environment is clean and ready in time for usage and accommodation -and presentable as per IRC requirement
- Monitor services and ensure office services are running, water, electricity) by reporting outage to supply chain as relevant
Security / Communication
Monitor security issues at work and report in collaboration with the guards and report all alerts and confirmed cases to Supply Chain Coordinator and the supervisor.
CD’ office support
To provide specific administrative support to the Country Director or other members of the Senior Leadership team as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Secretarial Studies and Administration or Bachelor of Information and Records Management or equivalent qualification with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in similar position.
- Very positive attitude, an ability to work with all staff and visitors at all levels to engage on a range of complex matter
- High degree of flexibility, able to adapt to changing circumstances and situations and respond accordingly
- Excellent organizational skills and adherence to protocols
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with good command of English and Kiswahili.
- Strong computer skills especially MS Word, Excel and outlook/email system/calendar.
- Good time management, flexible and ability to multi-task works collaboratively with team members including people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
- Highly trustworthy with an ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
The recruiting organization, International Rescue Committee (IRC), has not specified a closing date for this vacancy or continues to list jobs after their stated closing date. Because such positions may remain open, they are listed here until removed from the recruiting organization’s website. Click the button below to verify its current status