Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam with regular travel to field, Tanzania
Salary: Annual Salary Gross Minimum 45,000,000.00 TZS
Contract type: Fixed Term
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 30 Apr 2019
Interview date: To be announced
Start date: 03/06/2019
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The ideal person will provide management, coordination and direction to the VSO responsibilities under the Inclusion Reproductive Health project. This includes VSO volunteer advisers and staff recruitment and management; managing relationship with consortium and implementing partners as well as stakeholders relationships; ensuring VSO project deliverables, financial management, reporting and networking; provide technical assistance and oversight of key processes related to inclusion and safeguarding. If you are passionate about making a difference for marginalised women, giving them a voice, this is your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience: Essential
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, e.g. social sciences or public health or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience of managing health projects with a particular focus on Social and Gender Inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in mainstreaming social and gender inclusion in projects
- Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level
- Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
- Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects
- Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
- Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
- IT literate (Microsoft packages)
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
- Experience in safe guarding process and systems
- Practical experience gained within an volunteering NGO context
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Experience and knowledge of project location
- Experience of youth livelihoods and empowerment approaches
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).