PROGRAMME MANAGER – ARUSHA
Contract Period: 2 years
Salary: Competitive Package in line with Oxfam Values
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam in Tanzania envisions empowered citizens with reduced poverty, reduced inequality and injustice with especially women and young people having access to resources and a good quality of life. We want to see evidence of citizens being more aware of and demanding their rights to resources and essential services. We also want to see less policy incoherence and positive changes at national level (policy) and community level (practices, perceptions, ideas and beliefs).
Oxfam GB in Tanzania is looking for a Programme Manager who will be accountable for implementation of the country strategy in relations to the geographical scope, budget management, programme quality and resource mobilization. The postholder will provide technical direction to project staff and partners in the areas of livelihoods, governance and gender, according to the projects’ activities, and provide recommendation for improvements.
We are looking for a strategic, dynamic, charismatic and credible individual with the following:
- A post-graduate qualification in Development Studies, Food security & Livelihoods, Rural Development, Agriculture or any related discipline relevant to the requirements or experiences in managing food security & livelihoods could substitute for a formal qualification.
- A minimum of four years’ relevant experience working in the field of Food security, Agriculture and/or livelihoods. It is desirable that at least 2 of these years will have been spent working at a senior level with a locally based or international organisation.
- A sound understanding of the political, economic, social and cultural environments impacting on rural livelihoods in Tanzania; including a clear understanding of the relevant Tanzanian public policy institutional and policy framework. (Knowledge of the “Making Markets Work for the Poor” approach highly desirable).
- Excellent management skills and experience of managing partners and contracts with confidence and experience in external representation.
- Knowledge of advocacy and campaigning approaches and how these integrate with long term development work.
How to apply
If you believe you qualify for the above post, please submit your application and CV, detailing your
experience for the post and include three referees, preferably your current line manager by applying online.
Use this link to apply: https://bit.ly/2DcqwAQ Closing date: 30th April 2019 23:59 GMT Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted:
Programme Manager, Arusha Final.pdf (70.57 KB)