- Overall responsibility for management of day-to-day operations of the Trust Fund inaccordance with theregulations established by the SIDTF Board and implementation of SIDTF objectives, ensuring the achievement of the objectives and goals of SIDTF, as established and directed by the SIDTF Board of Trustees.
- Overall Coordination of SIDTF activities, particularly: Monitor SIDTF funded research, training and development activities.
- Initiate and develop funding procedures, programmes and plans for sugar industry research and training activities under industry shared functions, for the approval of the SIDTF Board of Trustees.
- Formulate support programmes for better sugarcane growing projects under industry shared functions and provide necessary advisory services to the Board of Trustees in respect of modem technology and agricultural management either through internally or outsourced services.
- In collaboration with the Sugar Board of Tanzania (SBT), Tanzania Agricultural Research Institute (TARI) and relevant industry Stakeholders, provide public education on the development of the sugarcane husbandry and sugar production.
- In collaboration with TARI and NSI disseminate research and training findings to industry stakeholders. Provide support and cooperation with local and international organizations with similar or like objectives.
- Oversee the fiscal activities of SIDTF including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Identify challenges and opportunities related to the operations of sugar industry research and training and address them.
- Assure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Work closely with the SBT, TARI, National Sugar Training Institute, Sugar Manufacturers, Cane Growers Apex Associations, Apex Association of Sugar Producers, Tanzania Society of Sugar and Cane Technologists (TSSCT) relevant Government Organisations, Development Partners, Sponsors, office staff and ensure smoothly functioning of the Trust Fund.
- Organize, prepare, facilitate and actively participate in negotiations of all SIDTF activities and events, including the sugar industry stakeholders’ forum meetings, relevant agricultural exhibitions, industry promotional and communication activities.
- Undertake any other functions as may be directed by the Board of Trustees.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree either in Law, Economics, Agriculture or Business Administration from a recognized High Learning Institution is required, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management position.
- Demonstrated financially astute with the ability, strong awareness and understanding of agri-business support programmes and development.
- Successful track record of building and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the sugar industry will be a definite advantage but not pre-requisite.
This position carries attractive remuneration commensurate with experience. An indication of expectations should be included in the application.
Mode of Application:
Applicants are required to submit their applications together with contact details of three referees, copies of Certificates and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the Chairman of SIDTF Board, at the email address below, not later than 28th April, 2019.
Sugar Industry Development Trust Fund
3rd Floor, Sukari House Sokoine Drive/Ohio Street