WCS is now seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to lead implementation of the BAF-funded project. Under the supervision of the MWIO Regional Director, the Project Coordinator has the responsibility for the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all activities funded by the BAF. He/she will carry out these responsibilities in close collaboration with the Country Directors and lead marine staff of WCS’s country programs in Kenya, Tanzania and Madagascar. The Project Coordinator will be based in one of the three country program offices involved in the project.
- Updating and finalisation of the 4-year project site document / workplan and budget and development of annual workplans and budgets
- Coordination of implementation of site based activities according to the agreed workplan and budget
- Technical and financial monitoring of project implementation (workplan and pipeline monitoring)Coordination of technical reporting for site level activities.
- Leading communications activities related to project.
- Liaison with project donor and partners throughout project implementation.
- Technical and financial planning of activities in collaboration with WCS team members and external partners in line with annual work plans
- Organisation of regular meetings and calls between key WCS team members and partners to discuss project implementation
- Supervision of activities implemented on-site including training and support to staff working on the project and field visits to supervise activities and resolve issues as they arise
- Technical and financial monitoring of implemented activities and adoption of corrective action as needed to ensure adherence to workplan and budget
- Support to logistical arrangements for smooth implementation of activities including mission planning for staff, and organization of visits of partners
- Ensuring compliance with all WCS administrative procedures in the accomplishment of the tasks
Coordination of reporting for project activities
i/ Coordination and submission of annual technical, financial and impact reporting
ii/ Coordination of quarterly internal technical and financial reviews to measure financial progress and achievement of milestones
iii/ Contribution to communications activities and presentation of site
- Masters in marine conservation, natural resources management, fisheries, environmental science, or a related field.
- At least 5 years professional experience in the management of complex development projects in developing country context in the marine conservation or natural resources sectors.
- Excellent technical and financial project management skills and experience in managing multi-cultural project teams
- Experience working and living in remote locations in developing countries and ability to deal with basic living conditions
- Good communication, organization and animation skills
- Ability to work in a team and in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to travel frequently
- Experience in the Western Indian Ocean will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in in English and French; knowledge of Malagasy or Swahili will be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications should apply by emailing an application letter and CV together with salary requirements and the names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the May 16, 2019deadline.
Please include “Project Coordinator, Blue Action Fund (BAF)” in the subject line of your email.WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.