- Participate in clinical research study as per research protocol, GCP, SOPs, GCLP etc.
- Ensure protection, right, safety, and wellbeing of study participants.
- Recruit study participants.
- Conduct anthropometric measurements.
- Take blood and other specimens, and serve as a liaison with the laboratory.
- Provide counseling on psychology and nutritional issues.
- Ensure participants privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- To ensure all study related forms are properly and accurately completed and data entered daily according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and actively participate in all meetings.
- Maintain appropriate working relationships between hospital and IHI staff.
- Perform any other tasks that the supervisor shall reasonably require from time to time.
- Certificate in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution, registered with the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC). Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Prior experience of working in clinical research and antenatal clinic is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to use a laptop for data collection.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a team.
- Good/excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/mobile numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 16:00hrs on April 30, 2019. All e-mail application headlines should read, “JOB APPLICATION: NURSING”
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
PO. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam