Independent Non Executive Director
Bank of India is a leading Public sector Bank in India and completed 112 years in 2018. It has network of over 5200 Branches in India and 60 Overseas Branch/Offices across the globe in all important centers. Bank of India (Tanzania) Ltd, is a fully owned subsidiary of Bank of India. The Board of Directors of Bank of India (Tanzania) Ltd would like to invite applications from suitable candidates for the position of independent Non-executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Board of Directors, the Independent non-executive director will perform the following duties and responsibilities with other Board Members.
- To determine the banks vision, mission, and values, continuously monitor and evaluate its strategy and ensure the bank survives and thrives.
- To govern the bank by broad policies and objectives, as formulated and agreed with the managing director
- To assess the performance and effectiveness of the board as a whole and that of individual directors and board chairman
- To oversee the risk management function within the bank and the effective management of investor relations
- To appoint direct reports to the managing director
- To regularly attend board and other important meetings, corporate events and participate effectively and with commitment in board assignments.
- To keep well-informed about the bank matters, be well-prepared for meetings and actively participate in annual evaluation and planning activities.
- To build a collegial working relationship with other members of the board.
Experience and Requirements
- Multiskilled with experience in finance , economics and Legal
- Experience in Banking Management, preferably credit management
- No involvement as a member of the management board of directors with a banking institution whose registration or license has been revoked or cancelled or which has gone into liquidation.
- Clean credit record, including that of related parties.
- No history of bankruptcy
- No criminal record
- Maximum age should be 65 yrs.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified and Experience candidates are requested to apply with the following:
- An application letter detailing your suitability for the position.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) with photograph pasted.
- Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and awards.
- Certified copies of your current passport (last two Pages), if available.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal Interview/Discussion. Upcountry candidates will be required to meet their own travel and accommodation costs for any interviews. Interested candidates are invited to send their application in hard or soft copies to:
The Managing Director
Bank of India (T) Ltd
Dar es Salaam
The Deadline for the Application is close of business on 10th May 2019