M&E Data Analyst
The National Council of People Living with HIV (NACOPHA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to have a nation whereby People Living with HIV live a quality life and enjoy all Basic Human Rights.
NACOPHA is seeking to employ an M&E /Data analyst for its ongoing programs to be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent in country travels.
Overall purpose: Responsible to provide leadership to NACOPHA in terms of monitoring & evaluation with a particular focus on the use of scientifically sound methods of impact evaluation. He / She will be responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for the organization’s projects and contribute to the design and implementation of related core M&E research and development activities of NACOPHA. He /She wil develop approaches and tools based on clear impact pathways, theories of change, outcomes, and indicators of progress. He/ She will work to ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation is carried out at outcome level and for ensuring that projects at NACOPHA maintain their strategic vision and that al activities result in the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. In addition, the M&E/Data Analyst will build the capacity of project staff in monitoring and evaluation and specifically how to demonstrate impact. He /She will assist Project Managers in preparing quarterly/annual reports on project progress and will monitor the overall progress of NACOPHAs projects in achieving outcomes including success stories documentary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operationalize the M&E framework designed for NACOPHA programs including and not limited to: designing program M&E tools for data collection, verification, and management and reporting as well as data audits;
- Contribute to the development, design and planning of projects so that-projects have a clear and feasible strategy towards impact that is in line with NACOPHA’s mission and strategy, and include cleaiy defined measurable indicators of outputs, outcomes and impact
- Contribute to outcome- and evidence-based strategic decision-making at NACOPHA and promote a culture of evidence-based learning and adaptation,
- Assist Program Managers and zone coordinators to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators;
- Conduct capacity assessments on existing monitoring and evaluation system of NACOPHA.
- Lead the design and implementation of ex-post and ex-ante evaluations of NACOPHAs technologies and interventions using robust methods of impact evaluation
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results as well as the sustainability of the project results and report periodicaly to management team
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve NACOPHA programming effectiveness.
- Build capacity of local communities, partners and staff on the logical framework, data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles and report writing techniques and requirements for relevant donors to ensure compliance.
- In liaison with Program Managers and zone coordinators, organize and coordinate lessons learnt, workshops / review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders;
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate them;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist Project Managers in preparing relevant reports.
- Develop and maintain a system for archiving M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations for program activities undertaken
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs, including input for impact related success stories;
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on program planning monitoring, evaluation and operations research within the project;
- Coordinate mid-term reviews and evaluation of program activities and ensure proper documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for dissemination and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling-up in different community settings;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key skills & competencies
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills;
- Ability to initiate and manage change and to recognize and adjust to rapidly changing conditions;
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships;
- Must have strong quantitative/qualitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate Degree in Statistics, Health Economics, Business Administration or any other related field with five to ten (5-10) years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation and expertise in analyzing data using statistical software packages. Post graduate is an added advantage
To apply:Email cover letter, CV with referees contact details and copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th May 2019. Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. NACOPHA does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
NACOPHA is proud to be an EEO employer.