African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Mali, Burkina Faso) Established in 2007, we have spent over 11 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
AUMS is a joint venture of recently merged Australian Mining Contractors Barminco Ltd and Ausdrill Ltd making the business the second largest Mining Services provider in Australia.
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with relevant Mines Safety Acts and Regulations.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to:
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner;
- Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
Key Performance Tasks include:
- Accurately drilling a series of Long holes to a design pattern using a mechanised drill.
- Reads and accurately follows mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimise drill patters and metres.
- Set up and troubleshoot on Long hole Drill rigs.
- Accesses face conditions at the start of the job and scale from height according to site requirements.
- Recording Information
- A demonstrated passion for safety and a proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times.
- A minimum of 12 months experience solely as an Underground Long hole Driller.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Long hole Machine.
- Highly organised and able to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Basic First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- Completed secondary school
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 123 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters should reach the above on or before 13th May 2019,18hr00