We are looking for a training intern to join our Training Department. The Training Intern will report to the Training and Development Specialist at One Acre Fund Tanzania. Their primary role will be to coordinate and run technical skills and professional development trainings to our staff. The position also involves supporting day to day activities of the Training Department including preparation of training curriculums and materials, creating training calendars, attending weekly Team Meetings and perform duties as assigned by his/her manager.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in building training contents, curriculum and materials to respond to staff training needs.
- Delivering/Facilitating staff trainings in Basic Computer Skills particularly Excel, Typing and Google Applications (Calendar, sheets, docs, etc)
- Take part in Department’s planning meetings and discussions and give out ideas and suggestions on how to improve staff training.
- Delivering Professional Development (PD) training to our staff using the OAF PD curriculum, tools and materials.
- Follow up after trainings to ensure knowledge retention and gauge progress
- Collaborating with the Field Training team to lend support to their program
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong educational experience and a lot of enthusiasm for learning! Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in TANZANIA – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card.
- Exceptional recent college graduates or young professional with Bachelor’s degree in people related studies. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of June 2019 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Google tools (Calendar, sheets, docs etc)
- Experience in coordinating and delivering training
- Exceptionally strong oral communication skills; should be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people
- Advanced written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage with staff
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Strong organizational skills
- Emotionally intelligent and patient with others
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. The fellowship/internship program is a recruiting initiative.
Sponsor International Candidates
No. Tanzanian Nationals only.
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurricular, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.