Job Title: Receiving & Inspection Officer
Department: AST-Dar Office
Reporting to: Accountant/Dar Office Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As Inspection & Receiving Officer your main responsibilities and duties for Cental Stores mainly stores & re-supply and workshop
- Receives and inspects all incoming goods / materials and reconciles with purchase orders, processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders, reports, documents and tracks damages und discrepancies on orders received.
- Answers question regarding procedures and resolve discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries and warranties.
- Follow-up Returns and credit note from Suppliers
- Receiving all incoming into the system – ACCPAC (Close relationship with the store keepers is of essence, avoiding mistakes in receiving and inspecting which will affect ACCPAC figures and actual stock).
- Generating batches for invoices received into the system – ACCPAC. Make sure that cash purchases invoices are separated from credit purchase invoices and make sure you do not mix up invoices for different periods, i.e. different month.
- Submitting batches to accounts department for Posting
- Assisting stores accountants and store keepers in clearing any variance between actual (Physical) stocks and ACCAP stock.
- To maintain sound co-operative relationship with other departments, providing information and advice as necessary to ensure the effective operation of the organization as a whole.
- Join weekly resupply trucks delivering goods from Dar to camps and ensure everything is going smooth on this trip.
- To perform all duties assigned efficiently, technically, correct, follow the company policies, rules and regulations.
- Assisting in any other areas of the department as requested by your line or senior manager within reasonable limits
Minimum qualification and experience
- Holders of ordinary diploma or higher from recognized higher learning institution
- Experience in storekeeping and stores procedures
- Able to work extra hours to ensure service is done
- Computer literate specifically in M/s Excel, M/s Word, and Internet communications.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills
- Should have problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and report writing skills
Motivation / Direction And Development
- To understand and work within the vision statement and core values of Asilia group.
- To strive to always under promise and over deliver.
- To be proactive ,efficient and diligent
- To act in the interest of the company and its employees at times
- To behave honestly
- To ensure no abusive language or bad behavior within department
Should you be interested in this position please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org