The purpose of this role is to provide material supply service in respect of expediting purchase orders to site and expediting goods delivered from freight forwarders to ensure they reach on site according to stipulated lag times deliver in accordance with NLGM health and safety standards and procedures.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
The Procurement Officer has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Obtain a delivery date from suppliers and recording of such information on the expecting reports
- Expediting overdue orders from the Suppliers and recording the correct revised delivery dates.
- Notifying the Freight Forwarder on order picking arrangement and expediting goods to be collected and dispatched to site and track all the necessary documents for record keeping.
- Liaise with Supplier, Freight Forwarder at country of origin as well as country of destination to ensure that all documentation required for issues are in order
- Obtain all documentation relevant to the container and keep on file until container is received on site.
- Expedite container from Port of dispatch to Port of destination and then to site
- Expedite issues with the relevant parties and ensure that goods are released from port of destination within two weeks of receipt.
- Keep a record of all reasons for delay at Port of destination and take corrective action when required.
- Liaise with stores for immediate off-loading of the goods once arrived on site to avoid standby charges and container warfare.
- Keep the expediting report up date
- Provide all delivery information to the end user relating to any changes on delivery schedules
- Daily communication and information flow between the warehouse section and the freight forwarders, transporters, customs and involved agencies
- Keep record of all containers and ensure containers are uplifted on a regular basis. Control all demurrage costs involved with containers.
- Recommend the purchase of containers when circumstance require
- Communicate with supplier on purchase queries and provide advice where possible.
- Resolve queries from internal and external sources.
- Inform originators of Purchase requisitions of the arrival of the respective orders on site.
- Liaise with all concemed parties to ensure that containers are de-stuffed regularly.
- Visit Freight Forwarder companies on a regular basis to ensure that no unnecessary delays/costs are being incurred
- Escalating and communication of delivery issues to management
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Procurement manager in daily bases
REQUIRED SKILLS a KNOWLEDGE
- Tertiary qualification in Purchasing/Supply Chain.
- Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB)
- Must be in possession of a Tanzanian driver’s license
- 3 Years working experience in purchasing operations, as Buyer and expeditor. Dynamic knowledge and understanding of the Supply chain, Freight Forwarding, destination inspection and the Mining environment.
- Experience in computerized Inventory management and’ purchasing techniques
- High level of computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and outlook)
- The purpose of this role is to provide material supply service in respect of expediting purchase orders to site and expediting goods delivered from freight forwarders to ensure they reach on site according to stipulated lag times deliver in accordance with NLGM health and safety standards and procedures.