Corporate Sales Executive
The job holder will be responsible for growth of revenues for brokers at the head office to meet set annual premium targets. The role will report to the Sales Manager-Broking.
- Secure new business through brokers.
- Maintain excellent customer service to brokers.
- Service existing business through brokers and follow up to ensure renewals.
- Ensure payment of premiums before policy attaches.
- Prepare weekly sales reports as required.
- Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Follow and adhere to underwriting guidelines and standards as communicated by Underwriting Manager from time to time
- Follow up to ensure brokers are paid commissions timely and accurately
- Guide and assist brokers on claims processing for their clients.
- Respond to brokers and client enquiries.
Accountable to the Sales Manager- Broking
Required to liaise and work closely with Finance, Underwriting, Claims and other departments as may be necessary.
TIRA & other regulatory institutions
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors’ degree (insurance option preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Certificate CII)
- 2-4 year’s relevant experience in the insurance industry
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.