Sales Manager, Broking
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for managing and growing relationships between Britam and its current and future brokers to ensure sustained support and growth of broking business portfolio.
The role will report to the Country Sales Manager.
- Drive the achievement of the broker sales revenue budget
- Grow and defend Britam’s broker market share position
- Direct, guide, manage and offer support to the brokers
- Monitor broker preferences to determine focus of sales efforts
- Manage quality of Brokers business, productivity and overall sales performance
- Formulate and implement strategies that ensure brokers are well versed Britam products
- Participate in formulating and implementing any marketing activities and promotions
- Visit brokers and ensuring their needs are met as well as receiving comments and suggestions on improvement on the products
- Drive the achievement of the annual, quarterly and monthly production budgets and recruitment targets
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in sales department strategy map, balanced scorecard and personal scorecard.
- Broking business retention ratio
- New business from brokers
- Success rate in engineering and fire
- Number of brokers with signed incentive schemes
- Revenue from top five brokers
- Recruitment of new productive brokers
- Internal Relationships:
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
Insurance sector players
TIRA & other regulatory authorities
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor degree (marketing & insurance options preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Dip CII or equivalent qualification)
- Seven years’ experience in sales three of which must be in a supervisory level (insurance sector preferred)
- A demonstrated track record in managing relationships with brokers to ensure sustained business support.
- Deciding and Initiating Action: Ensures, key organisational objectives are met, takes responsibility for decisions, actions, projects and people while focussing on achievement of strategic results; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity; makes quick, clear decisions with limited information available which may include tough choices or considered risks; decisions and actions takes into account possible impact on all parts of the business.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides the business with a clear direction based on the overall strategic intent of the organisation; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive organisational climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Relating and Networking: Easily establishes, as well as assists others in building good relationships with customers and staff across all departments, inside and outside of the organisation; relates well to people at all levels; facilitates the resolutions of conflict and manages disagreements with tact and diplomacy.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating to the benefit of the organisation, promote the organisational strategy during conversations; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself, the department or the organisation; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the organisation’s impression and brand on others.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops organisational strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation; encourage others to take a strategic and long term view in terms of the organisation’s future; communicates the organisational strategy, vision and objectives effectively across all levels of the organisation
Deadline : 18-05-2019