Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education, health and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the following position:
• Drive IRC vehicles as instructed and allocated
• Responsible for general cleanness and maintenance of the vehicle allocated
• Identify and report immediately any vehicle problem/defects to Head driver
• Ensure allocated vehicle has valid insurance and road license. Inform Head driver one month prior to expiration
• Ensure that vehicle logbooks are filled in before and after journey
• Undertake a weekly check, focusing on chassis, nuts & bolts, body panels, windscreen wiper washing fluid, lights [head & brake/reverse], indicators, license plate light, windscreen wipers, water, tyre pressure, horn, speedometer, wheel nuts and safety equipment etc.
• Participate fully in the vehicle servicing process when due in collaboration with Head driver
• Keeping the vehicle clean both in and outside at all times
• Report daily to the Head driver for briefings on the day’s duty
• Ensure that the vehicle is timely refueled to avoid inconveniences
• Ensure to have own valid driving license, and the relevant documents for the assigned vehicle
• Return the vehicle keys to the designated official and place
• Attend to and follow basic radio calls/procedures.
Security and Communication
• Responsible for custody of the vehicle tools/equipment, for example jack, spare wheel, etc.
• Drive the night duty vehicle when asked and ensure that the laid down condition regarding the night location and safety of the vehicle are adhered to at all times.
• Adhere to Tanzania road traffic rules ensuring passengers wear safety belts all times when vehicle in motion
• Ensure that at all times, the vehicle is used in accordance with IRC vehicle policy, for example, speed, passengers, lifts, etc.
• e. Maintain confidentiality regarding all information accessed by virtue of duties and responsibility, of either fellow staff or concerning IRC business in general, which are yet to be made public by the IRC field office
• Ensure that unauthorized passengers are not carried in IRC vehicles
• Be personally responsible for safety of the assigned vehicle and the load under driver’s care. Report any problem or missing items immediately to Head driver.
• Ensure safe delivery of item/parcel under your custody to the end point.
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Field Coordinator and/or Country Director.
• Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (Tz and World-wide) as per the IRC Tz reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
• Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• Form IV certificate
• Clean Driving License Class C
• Advanced Driver Course Grade II from recognized institute,
• At least five years driving experience.