Senior Software Developer
Actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design, and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams’ processes.
Responsible for bringing together components, software subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems function together.
- Study information needs, system flows, data usage, work processes, and investigating problem areas.
- Determining operational feasibility.(which operations)
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo codes
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures
- Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards; and recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop/ modify products with flexibility
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Knowledge on the trending banking software’s and technologies in the market
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Problem solving and follow through; Pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Knowledge of coding languages including Java, PHP and/or C#/.Net
- Knowledge on varieties of MVC frameworks/systems
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. In Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Agile/Scrum and/or Oracle/Microsoft SQL certifications are added advantage
- At least 5 years in software development industry.
- Experience with integrations with Banks products/systems is an added advantage
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”