Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Responsible for the general servicing, maintenance, repair of the vehicles and investigating causes of breakdowns and sanctioning the culprits if any.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- To administer the workshop on day to day bases.
- To organize and supervise the servicing, maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet and ensure that the vehicles are in good working conditions at all times.
- To ensure that the vehicles come to the workshop at the designated kilometers for servicing.
- Shall investigate and diagnose the causes of vehicle breakdown and accidents and apportion blames accordingly by ensuring that defaulters take financial responsibility of the cost of repairs.
- Ensure that the workshop is functional at all times and that vehicles awaiting repairs are attended to with dispatch.
- Shall request for spare- parts from Stores department as at when due and ensure that such parts requested are actually used for the purpose for which they are requested for.
- Recover to base all broken down vehicles or accidental buses with dispatch.
- Ensure that the buses are thoroughly checked and bolt and nuts retightened on the arrival of the bus.
- Shall coordinate the activities of Mechanics and instill discipline on them.
- Ensure that all the tools and equipment in the workshop are functional and are being prudently used.
- Technical supervision of vehicles at all points.
- Should organize training for the subordinates.
- Shall organize training in conjunction with the training unit for all the drivers especially on how to handle minor break downs.
- Must avoid pilfering of the company’s tools and materials.
- Should not allow unknown faces into the workshop area.
- Should provide Admin. / purchasing manager periodically with the list of parts that are frequently used for replacement in order to avoid stock outs.
- Vehicles for maintenance must be assigned to a designated Mechanic(s) and proper note taken in case the vehicles fails.
- Design a working time frame to ensure vehicles do not exceed the required time at the workshop.
- Ensure the mobile maintenance team is always available when called upon.
- Any other assignment that may be assigned to you from time to time
- Minimum Diploma Mechanical engineering/Automobile engineering of any related field
- Must be able to develop and maintain best practices for workshop procedures
- Attention to details
- Able to work in multi-culture environment
- Minimum 5 years experience