Job Title: Agribusiness specialist | ATTC | Tanzania | 2019
Expiration Date: May 25, 2019
Chemonics seeks a short-term agribusiness specialist to join the The Aflasafe Technology Transfer and Commercialization (ATTC) project. ATTC contributes to improving Africa’s food safety through the use of Aflasafe — a 100 percent natural product for fighting aflatoxin from plot to plate. Our activities are geared toward increasing Aflasafe’s availability and accessibility and to improve farmer access to lucrative aflatoxin-conscious markets for maize and groundnuts. Through these activities, we will contribute to enhancing Africa’s food safety and security and to increasing income from farming enterprises. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Provide billable field-based technical assistance to the ATTC project to finalize the development of a business case for Aflasafe
• Directly contact and interview key informants from each segment of the value chain after harvest — including, but not limited to, producers, aggregators, processors, transporters, and exporters
• Prepare written profiles (summaries) of aggregators, processors, and other potential clients in the maize and groundnut value chains in Tanzania
• Collect and verify data and validate the project’s value chain research
• Analyze political, economic, and social trends in the maize and groundnut sectors in Tanzania
• Promptly respond to feedback that meets organizational and client expectations
• Ensure that this critical project deliverable is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Minimum of seven years of technically relevant work experience required, particularly in an East African context
• Demonstrated background working within Tanzania’s maize and groundnut industries, with a network of contacts for key stakeholders in each value chain segment from production to commercialization
• Strong logistical skills, demonstrated analytical and leadership skills, and ability to take initiative
• Flexibility, responsiveness, self-direction, and an ability to pivot based on evolving business case and client needs
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Language proficiency in English and Swahili preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Agribusiness Specialist Tanzania” in the subject line to ATTCrecruitment@chemonics.com by May 24, 2019. Please note that we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
the protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.