The Brand and Media Executive is a good entry level position in marketing and overall brand management career. Reporting to Brand Manager, she/he will work closely with a team in the implementation of various marketing plans and activities from development to execution.
He/she will join a dynamic and a very fast-paced environment and will work on executions allowing Vodacom to get closer to its consumer segments, grow in market share and improve its brand’s customer’s perception and guide customers into the immersion of a bold new digital world.
- Implement appropriate marketing strategy to ensure strong brand performance.
- Manage brand / media/ segments through thorough brand analysis and growth strategies
- Keep up to date with market trends and new developments utilizing information for brand performance improvement.
- Work with Agencies (Creative, Digital, Media and Events) on inter-departmental initiatives to ensure that execution is aligned with brand framework.
- Plan and develop internal events/ activities such as staff roadshows working hand in hand with PR and Human Resources for every service/product launched
- Provide assistance in terms of logistics for different meetings, taking actionable minutes and following up with key stakeholders.
- Updating and maintaining the marketing department’s documentation and databases ( Invoices, Contracts & campaign and media plan sign-offs)
- Administering the SAP system from LPO generation to payments of goods and/or services to the brand and comms suppliers. Training will be provided for this.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in brand management.
- Passionate about brands and technology
- Analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, honest and trustworthy.