Finance and Administrative Assistant
The Rice Council of Tanzania Limited (RCT) is an apex body registered in 2014 to representing private sector stakeholder’s value chain actors in Tanzania. RCT objective is to improve rice business environment in Tanzania.
RCT Roles are: Organize and coordinate rice value chain actors; Capacity building of actors to increase competitiveness and profitability; facilitate market linkages and training on legal framework compliance; Rice Data hub through hard data storage,
The Rice Council of Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate on a one year renewable contract with three to six months’ probation period.
The Rice Council of Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit a competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate on a one year renewable contract with three months’ probation period.
Position Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Reports to: The Finance and Administrative Manager
Key Position Objective:
To assist the Finance and Administrative Manager with administrative tasks, financial accounting, record keeping, bank reconciliation
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage of the Rice Council of Tanzania’s accounts Record financial statements and conducting bank reconciling of accounts
- Post transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements and/or accounts payable and receivable to ledger accounts and properly code charges.
- Prepare payment vouchers in accordance to accounting procedures..
- Keep financial information and manage filing system.
- Record and maintain the RCT asset inventory
- Conduct office safety checks
- Assist in organizing process events (meetings/workshops/seminars)
- Organize staff travel bookings.
- Office cleaning and maintenance of office pantry
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor
Completion of a University program in accounting or a related field or Advanced Diploma in Accounts from a recognized professional accounting institution
- Knowledge of computer applications and accounting packages such as QuickBooks
- Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints or clarifying information,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and use of the Internet.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to work under pressure with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Three years’ experience in managing donor funded projects
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Interested candidates should send application letter and CV through email address:email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
RCT is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Two weeks from the date of appearance of this advertisement (03, June 2019).
The Rice Council of Tanzania Limited (RCT) will at no stage of an assessment or recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind.
If you receive any emails in relation to The Rice Council of Tanzania Limited (RCT) recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org & +255 754 865664