Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official overseas relief and development organization of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and has served people living in poverty and situations of vulnerability in over 100 countries since 1943. In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers.
- Conduct assessment of the sub-recipient financial system and internal control using CRS standard checklist, properly document Capacity assessment results and outcomes in in each sub-recipient file and follow up sub-recipient implementation of the corrective action plan and provide technical assistance.
- Conduct and Document monitoring trip reports and communication result in sub-recipient file, follow sub-recipients’ action towards the identified findings and implementation of a corrective action plan.
- Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for FASTER project sub-recipients and partners following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned FASTER project accounts in Sun Systems financial accounting package.
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant FASTER project staff of due payments/liquidations and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
- Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist FASTER project staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
- Provide information to FASTER project staff, sub-recipients, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities.
- Perform assigned treasury FASTER project (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties.
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Perform any other task assigned by Supervisor
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, Auditing firms or a financial/banking institution.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Knowledge of SUN System financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their applications to CRS Human Resources Manager at TZ_HR@crs.org by 17h00 EAT on 31 May 2019. .
Only submissions that meet the following criteria will be reviewed
• Subject line must read “S34D Policy Coordinator”
• CV must be in Word or PDF format and not exceed 4 pages.
• Cover letter summarizing qualifications and motivation.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
• Cover letter must be in Word or PDF format and not exceed 2 pages.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.