POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER (3 POSTS)
REPORTS TO: ZONAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER
WORK STATION: ZONAL OFFICE – NORTH ZONE
Implements procurement processes (goods, works and services) in a transparent, objective, economic and efficient manner, consistent with relevant policies, legislation, regulations and guidelines in accordance to Public Procurement Act no. 7 of 2011 and its regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and Process standard procurement tendering documents to meets timeline.
- Assist to Coordinate and prepare report on disposal of obsolete assets for authorization/approval by Zonal Tender Board.
- Carryout procurement of goods & services, works and consultancy services above regions thresholds in accordance with Public Procurement Act and its regulations as issued from time to time
- Assist in preparation of Tender Board papers and review evaluation reports to ensure compliance of procedures as stipulated in regulations and Zonal key performance indicators.
- Monitor the Archive of Procurement Records for future reference.
- Prepare letters of intention to award, letters of Award, letters of invitation of contract negotiations, contract drafting and prepare required documentations under each contract.
- Make follow up to suppliers, contractors or service providers to ensure drafted contracts are returned on time as per contract requirements and returned contracts are supported by performance guarantee.
- Ensure use of TANESCO and PPRA prevailing Procurement Systems to ensure that procurements done by the Zone are correctly and timely entered into the systems at all stages of procurement.
- Liaise with Project/Contract Managers in the zone to ensure project/contracts are properly managed Archive all contracts, procurement and disposal proceedings documents to ensure availability of respective records for minimum period of five years from date of expiry of contracts.
- Follow up on executions of contracts awarded to various service providers with the aim of ensuring compliance to the terms and conditions and to timely trigger the necessary actions in case of defaulting.
- Compilation of copies of contract documents to ensure that they are timely available for submission to PPRA, Attorney General and CAG
- Enhance safety matters in the section to ensure safety to employees, customers and equipment.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Bachelor’s Degree/Advance Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management/Logistics/Materials Management or its equivalence from recognized higher learning Institutions.
- Academic Certificate of Secondary Education (Form IV or VI) (Not School Leaving Certificate or result slips).
- Must be registered by PSPTB or relevant professional board.
- Understanding of the Public Procurement Act no. 7 of 2011 (including its amendments of 2016); Regulations 2013 (and its amendments) and guidelines.
- One year working experience in relevant field.
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified and interested candidate may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the company.
- All Applications must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three referees.
- Application letters should clearly state the candidate’s name, secondary examination index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
- Applications should be sent to the below indicated addresses only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
- First appearance: 21st May, 2019
- Deadline for submission of applications is two weeks from the date of advertisement.(Deadline; June 05,2019)
- Applicants must be ready to work in any of the indicated Workstations.
- Applicants must include reliable phone numbers and/ or e-mail for effective communication.
- Applicants who will not be invited for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
- These employments are for Twelve (12) months Employment Contracts only and will not be renewed.
- Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions by applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification.
- Never pay to have your application considered. Any call requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make payment for any reason please contact our Office
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER
TANESCO – TANGA REGIONAL BUILDING,
4TH FLOOR, ROOM NO.405,
P.O BOX 5048,