Position: Product Business Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting to: CEO, Smart Codes
Smart Codes is an award-winning digital agency founded in 2010 committed to solving African problems.
Our inherent inquisitive nature has made us push boundaries and produce work from our Products and Innovation department such as M-Paper, a digital newspaper application and Kwanza which collects all bloggers and website in one place for convenient media buying at a local level. Our products have won international awards such as the Apps African Innovation Award and we have been featured in Quartz Africa, TechCrunch and Forbes magazine.
Preview a short clip about us: https://vimeo.com/336116468
A. Summary of Position
The Product Business Manager helps to develop strategic relationships with potential clients and partners, with a portion of their time dedicated to developing existing client relationships. This person oversees business development initiatives to guide them from the opportunity lead phase to the contract phase.
The role will serve as a key interface across the business for Products and will partner with the Strategy and Technology leadership team to develop Product strategies and expand the products across different markets. The role will also carry specific responsibilities to develop, plan and execute revenue and scorecard targets designed to deliver both long- and short-term growth to the business. The Product Business manager will be recognized as a thought-leader in the market sector to represent and significantly contribute to the company’s positioning.
The Product Business Manager is as much a leader as they are a communicator and mentor. The ability to read between the lines and hear what is not being said is at the core of this role and an ability to solicit information and facilitate its transfer consistently and correctly across the various project communication channels is a key skill for this role.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage/own the product revenue number and be responsible for the forecasting, budgeting and the associated marketing spend.
- Develop, manage and report on key product metrics/KPIs through creation, validation, and execution of product strategies.
- Execute a comprehensive Product strategy that encompasses all aspects of the business.
- Performance Management & Tracking (Annual Strategic Planning, Quarterly Business Review and Mid-Year Review).
- Build business cases, as appropriate, for promotional opportunities; including analysis of market conditions, targets, and competitive threats. These business cases should deliver the maximum ROI, as well as tie directly to scorecard metrics.
- Manage the relationship with internal stakeholders to drive the overall product engagement and deliver an integrated sales & marketing plan with the help of the Strategy and Technology teams.
- Drive development around the key customer and product presentations for tradeshows, events, and accounts.
- Ensure products are delivered on time and in the budget.
- Provide detailed relevant and impactful messaging/content for the marketing team via the Agency.
- Lead/Input into all aspects of the Product Marketing mix including pricing, presentations (webinars), social media, CRM etc.
- Ensure all aspects of the organization are able and ready to launch and sell our products to meet financial targets.
- Own the strategic product roadmap.
- Ensure product project proposals meet business needs.
- Liaise with Development (Technology team) to ensure products meet our customer and future market needs.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Management, International Business, Marketing, Information, and Technology.
- At least 3 years of working experience in the relevant field.
- The product manager is also expected to have knowledge in the following areas:
- Product management and product development
- People management and customer research
- Requirements analysis including pricing and planning
- Competitive analysis
- Sales planning and inventory control
- Financial planning and strategy
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com
Application close: 30th May 19, 2019