St Constantine’s International School Originally founded in 1952 by the Hellenic Foundation of Tanzania, we have an enviable location on the doorstep of Arusha National Park, at the foot of Mount Meru, and within striking distance of Kilimanjaro. Arusha itself is the centre of northern Tanzania’s renowned safari industry. Our lush and mature 35-acre grounds are a joy to work in, and include a 25m swimming pool, football pitch, a rugby pitch, additional grass areas, cricket nets, a gym, and tennis, volleyball and basketball courts. We are home to some 600 students from Reception to A-level. With some of the best facilities in Tanzania, we are justifiably proud of our sporting reputation, and see this as a suitable counterbalance to our strong academic side. Given our location, we are also seeking to grow our outdoor education capabilities too, in keeping with our position as the first Round Square School in Tanzania
TEACHING INTERNSHIP WITH BOARDING PARENT ROLE
St Constantine’s International School is seeking male Intern Teachers with a boarding parent role (to help in the running of our boarding house). This position is available for Tanzania nationals only.
We are looking for qualified teachers in the following subjects:-
- Science, Maths, PE, Business, Art, Music or Primary with preferably a first class or at least an upper second degree.
- You should have teaching experience and be committed, enthusiastic and motivated. As we are an International school, based on the British curriculum, you must have a very good spoken and written English.
- You must love being around children and will be something of a big brother figure to support Boarding pupils.
- At weekends, you are expected to get involved with the trips and activities we put on for the boarding students.
- In return, we offer an excellent International School Training Course to improve your teaching and learning, 300,000 Tzs (net) a month stipend, accommodation on the School campus, and all term time meals. SCIS has a track record of employing locals who have passed this course.
APPLY NOW: MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should provide a CV and covering letter to Human Resources via, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Constantine’s International School
PO Box 221, Arusha, Tanzania | Tel: +255 753 871 855 / +255 686 374 891
Applications close on 06th June, 2019
To know more and discuss this exciting possibility email the HR address provided in the first instance.
Our boarding house provides a home to around 75 students; half boys, half girls. Around a quarter of that number are in Primary. Boarding parent duties include: getting students up and breakfasted in the morning and making sure they are presentable when leaving for school. At the other end of the day, you would help with prep. (homework), recreational activities (sports, games, cards, pool etc),dinner supervision and settling in at night.