Position: Consultant – Governance of land Tenure
Job Posting: 21/May/2019
Closure Date: 04/Jun/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRURT
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: Consultant
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar Es Salaam
Duration: 11 Months
Post Number: N/A
Tanzania has developed a new land policy (which is in final stages of approval) and made significant investments in land programmes. In recognition of FAO’s role as a technical agency, and broad expertise in land tenure and the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security (VGGT) in particular, the Government expressed the need for FAO to provide support to the process of implementing the new Land Policy as well as the VGGT. Accordingly, FAO has decided to engage a consultant on the governance of land tenure.
The Consultant – Governance of land Tenure reports to the FAO Representative and receives guidance’s from technical officers at the FAO headquarters Land Tenure Unit and assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
Provision of technical advice on appropriate coordination structures, effective communication mechanisms and multi-sectoral initiatives where FAO can offer added value to support the Government.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Produce a report on land tenure programming in Tanzania and identify potential areas where FAO support could add value to national efforts;
- Support/coordinate with Ministry of Lands the implementation of the TCP on land tenure in support of the land certification program.
- Engage and strategize with the National Land Use Planning Commission to conduct key joint actions to alleviate the land-related conflicts in Morogoro Region;
- Liaise and represent FAO-Tanzania at relevant meetings with development partners, national stakeholders and government officials engaged in land governance, land use management issues and land investments
- Convene at least one multi-sectoral, multi-stakeholder coordination meeting with the aim to kick-start such meetings on a regular basis;
- Perform any other duties as specified by the supervisor, in support and furtherance of the FAO mission, goals and strategic framework.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Social or Environmental Sciences, or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in development and/or implementation of international programmes/projects in the field of land governance or land management
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in Land tenure policies in the context of sub Saharan Africa or in Africa
- Familiarity and In depth knowledge of programming experience with the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests in the context of National Food security (VGGT)with land tenure policies
- Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application.
For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
NI VIZURI UKATUMIA LAPTOP/ PC KUFANYA APPLICATION YAKO ONLINE