Senior Procurement Officer
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancy for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Post Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office – Dodoma
Reports to: Manager, Procurement Management Unit
Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the procurement activities of the Authority are conducted according to the legal requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support in coordinating procurement plans across the Authority.
- To attend to inquiries from bidders and suppliers.
- To assist the Secretary to the Tender Board in preparing agenda for Tender Board meetings.
- To maintain registers of all procurement and supply contracts
- To participate in tender evaluation.
- To prepare compliance reports for submission to the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority.
- To prepare contract documents.
- To provide support in reviewing and evaluation of procurement requirements and recommend appropriate alternative procedures.
- To provide support in preparation, coordination and implementation of Annual Procurement and disposal plans.
- To provide support in coordination and preparation of tender bidding documents.
- To provide support in conducting training in procurement and contract management.
- To effectively supervise and guide staff member(s) reporting on the job.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Materials Management, Procurement and Logistics, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Quantity Surveying or any relevant fields with proven specialization or coverage in
- Certified Supplies Professional (CSP) and Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP) is required.
- Must be licensed by PSPTB
- Must be registered by appropriate Professional Bodies.
- Possession of Master’s Degree in any of the relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and CommunicationsTechnology (ICT) applications, and
- Not less than five (5) years’ work experience as procurement specialist in a reputable institution(s).
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
EWURA is an equal opportunity employer. However, women are encouraged to apply.
Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, transcripts, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th May, 2019.
Those with certificates from the overseas universities, the same MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU).
Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, PSSSF House Makole Road
P.O Box 2857. Dodoma. Tanzania.