We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About The Unit
Yara’s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ business profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Yara Tanzania is focused on developing a responsible agriculture and extension approach, through establishing a crop specific product portfolio which is adapted to the local conditions. Intense efforts are devoted to the training of our retailer network as well as farmers in utilizing the correct fertilizers, in the right amount and precise timing.
- Applies relevant agronomic expertise to increase the pull from customers for Yara’s products and solutions.
- Train Distributors, Agro-Dealers and Partners on Yara Products, benefits and sales
- Organize and follow-up demo trials and field days together with Distributors and Partners in order to promote Yara products
- Follow up Distributors sales performance, based on reports from Yara Tanzania and comparing with stabilized sales target per customer and per product.
- Collection of debts from customers of his (her) responsibility
- Proactively inform Commercial Managers about commercial and technical development of Yara Distributors under his (her) area of responsibility while collecting information of potential new Dstributors
- Report monthly sales forecast information from customers, in order to build the Yara Tanzania total sales forecast and business plan
- Together with Marketing and Commercial Manager, participate in Agri-Fairs and assist customers that visit Yara
- Support Agronomy department in preparation of crop programs to be offered and promoted to Distributors in the area of responsibility for key crops in that region.
- Comply with Yara’s safety guidelines
- Bachelor of Science in Agronomy
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Agronomist in a commercial environment
- Excellent technical agronomic skills
- Good interpersonal skills with fluency in both English and Swahili languages
- Willingness to relocate and travel extensively upcountry
- Excellent computer skills (advanced microsoft office applications)
- Vehicle driving licence
Human Resources Manager , EA
Apply no later than 03rd June 2019