Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Title: Project Officer (2 Post)
Reporting Line: Team leader and Project Manager
Location: Nduta camp – Kibondo District, Nyarugusu Camp – Kasulu District
Contract Duration: 8 months (Contract is subjected to Funding).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct awareness /sensitization on VSLA and IGA activities among communities and local leaders.
- Facilitate the identification, formation and mobilization of VSLA groups, IGA groups, and financial digital literacy training at Nduta, or Nyarugusu refugee camps and host community villages to the respective camps.
- Facilitate the identification of VSLA incentives to enhance community awareness and ownership/sustainability of VSLA approach.
- Oversee and regularly monitor when the VSLA groups are conducting the share purchase, social contributions, borrowing and repayment of loans to ensure proper documentation/recording of VSLA cash book.
- Train beneficiaries, coach, supervise and mentor incentives for effective facilitation and support of VSLA and Income generating activities.
- Ensure sorting out any misunderstanding that may arise with in VSLA group members to ensure smooth running and prevent drop out.
- Facilitate data collection from savings groups, manage and upload data to MIS/SAVIX.
- Consolidate/compile monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports and special events showing achievements, lessons, constraints and recommendations which should be submitted to relevant donor and authority at the agreed time.
- Build relationship and coordinate with stakeholders (government, donor, local leaders and other stake holder.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, agro business, Economics, Community development, banking, Sociology and any other relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience in livelihoods activities, community development, Microfinance, IGA and VSLA methodology.
- Experienced facilitator /trainer, working experience in resilience initiatives or programs is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with principles and practice of savings-led microfinance and with strong awareness of challenges faced by traditional methodologies.
- Experience in working with NGO’s. Working with an International organization is an added advantage.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
How to Apply
All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees by email email@example.com
• Deadline for application is not later than 15th June, 2019.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.