Reporting to: Director of Finance and Administration
Duty station: TRCS Head Quarter.
Duration : One-year renewable
- Working under the directives of Director of finance and administration, the Senior Accountant will be entrusted with the following responsibilities:
- Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor/ line manager.
- Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Books of accounts of Accounts for Head Office revenue and expenditure transactions.
- To prepare payment vouchers receipts, vouchers, cheques for all society’s transactions.
- To liaise with banks on all Society’s financial matters.
- To perform bank reconciliation for all projects and other TRCS bank accounts.
- To maintain petty cash flow.
- To prepare petty cash book.
- To coordinate the preparation of payroll.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the chief accountant from time to time.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- A university degree in Accounting, Commerce or related field.
- Professional Qualification (CPA/ACCA)
- 7-years work experience preferably in non-profit organization or Community Based Organization (CBO).
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Applications may be submitted via Post Office or by hand delivery, but not by email. The deadline for submission is 3rd June 2019 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
P. O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM.