Logistics Operating Center Manager
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSC), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Extra Neutral Alcohol Distillery (IDTL) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a vacancy of Logistics Operating Center Manager reporting to the Logistics Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible with Out-bound transport and distribution of finished products produced by KSC & IDTL brands.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Analyse costs on a monthly bases to ensure they are managed within budget. For all LOC operations. Transport routes, regional sales deliveries and inter depot transfers ensure most competitive contractor used.
- Analyze warehouse and transport reports and monitor key performance indicator dashboards with the aim of improving tracking performance
- Contractor management, continuously assessing and refining and improving Supply Chain reporting with the aim of driving efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Negotiates rates for road, rail and warehousing and make sure contracts are in place that meet customer service requirements, reduce losses and make use of the most optimal mode mix for the routes. Regular review of rates versus industry standards and contractor reviews.
- Monitors industry trends and practices by reviewing best in class supply chain practices with the aim of benchmarking and driving improvement agenda. Develops, implements and executes a distribution and logistics plan to meet the sales forecast.
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of ad hoc reports as and when required mostly to support cost and efficiency improvement projects
- Develop and implement a logistics code of practise in line with the Standard Operating Practice (SOP) that ensures the delivery of the best possible quality of product and packaging to customers. Ensuring sugar produced at both mills are timeously uplifted, vehicles turnaround time is minimised and back loading is used to improve route card rates.
- Ensure on Time in Full deliveries to customers and manage customers’ complaints.
- Continually develops and improves container packing operations at source for regional and deep water exports
- Good ambassador for KSC and its brand
- Ability to Understand and implement commercial argument
- Self-driven and able to deliver without compromising compliance
- Understanding of Route to Consumer would be advantageous
- An Under Graduate/Degree in Supply Chain Management, Transport Management or with minimum of two (2) years working experience managing operation team in Logistics Industry.
- Effective communication to all employees, stakeholders and contractors with their individual responsibilities and roles to maintain the commitment of lllovo sugar limited SHERQ Policy
- Computer literate.
- Mentally and physically fit.
Terms of Service:
The successful candidate will be engaged on a Permanent terms.
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications (together with a detailed curriculum vitae which includes three referees and their contact details) to the under mentioned addressee or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GM HUMAN RESOURCES
KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED
P.O. Box 50
Apply to email@example.com
Before 07, June 2019