The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanian people. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company will, in the coming years invest heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned posts for Specified Period Employment Contract for the Financial Year commencing 1st July 2019 to 30th June, 2020 in Northern Zone. The zone comprises of Manyara, Kilimanjaro, Tanga and Arusha regions. Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
❖ Demonstrate impeccable performance track record;
❖ Demonstrate high degree of integrity;
❖ Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
❖ Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
❖ Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight deadlines;
❖ Possess knowledge and competency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) applications.
❖ Possess problem solving skills.
REPORTS TO: SENIOR SUPPLIES AND TRANSPORT OFFICER
WORKSTATIONS: ARUSHA REGION (25 POSTS), KILIMANJARO REGION (55 POSTS), TANGA REGION (47 POSTS), MANYARA REGION (14 POSTS) AND ZONAL OFFICE (1 POST).
Drive and maintain the Company Vehicles in skilled, safety and courteous manner. Keeping Motor Vehicle records and incidences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive and maintaining company vehicles as per laid down rules, traffic instructions and regulations, to facilitate company’s business operations.
- Drive vehicle on a schedule and designated route to ensure safety and timely delivery of staff and materials.
- Maintain service schedule of the assigned vehicle and keep it clean. Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) including pre-trip inspections as required.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on log sheets, vehicle maintenance, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by management.
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management to avoid service interruptions.
- Monitor, ascertain and timely repair of Company vehicle according to the required standards.
- Perform courier and messenger duties.
- Ensure Safety of staff and equipment at all times and make sure that “Risk assessment” is conducted per standing TANESCO safety provisions.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Certificate of Secondary Education (Form IV and/or VI);
- Valid Driving License Class C/C1/C2/C3 and/or E;
- Professional Driving Certificate from National Institute of Transport (NIT) & and/or VETA;
- Trade Test in Automobile Engineering/Mechanics from recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Minimum of two (2) years of related working experience in a REPUTABLE ORGANIZATION.
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified and interested candidate may apply by sending a detailed application letter clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value to the company.
- All Applications must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three referees.
- Application letters should clearly state the candidate’s name, secondary examination index number and year of examination appearing in the attached academic certificates.
- Applications should be sent to the below indicated addresses only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
- First appearance: 21st May, 2019
- Deadline for submission of applications is two weeks from the date of advertisement.(Deadline; June 05,2019)
- Applicants must be ready to work in any of the indicated Workstations.
- Applicants must include reliable phone numbers and/ or e-mail for effective communication.
- Applicants who will not be invited for an interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
- These employments are for Twelve (12) months Employment Contracts only and will not be renewed.
- Please note that phone calls or any kind of soliciting for these positions by applicants or relatives will automatically lead to disqualification.
- Never pay to have your application considered. Any call requesting payment for any reason is a scam. If you are requested to make payment for any reason please contact our Office
SENIOR ZONAL MANAGER
TANESCO – TANGA REGIONAL BUILDING,
4TH FLOOR, ROOM NO.405,
P.O BOX 5048,