Jobs Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Policy Forum (PF) is a network of 79 civil society organisations brought together in their interest in poverty reduction, equity and democratization and pursuit to enhance and augment the voice of ordinary citizens in national policy processes. The network focuses on governance and public money accountability at both central and local levels. PF wishes to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer.
Purpose of the Position: Oversee effective implementation of the MEL strategy and provide internal advisory support on organisational learning. The MEL Officer will be responsible to monitor all activity interventions and track activity progress against expected results and performance indicators as well to ensure timely and accurate reporting by all program team and assist in compilation of progress reports. Coordinate the implementation of evaluations and review of Strategic Plan.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and execute M&E activities with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learnt
- Coordinate the development of monitoring and evaluation framework, MEL plan including in accordance to the overall strategic plan
- Facilitate an efficient Management Information System to enable systematic and efficient reporting
- Develop and maintain program monitoring and reporting systems
- Conduct monitoring and support visits to facilitate the Implementation of MEL
- Prepare and review monitoring tools for data collection
- Provide technical support and training on MEL and MIS to Secretariat staff.
- Coordinate the reviews and evaluations of the strategic plan
- Develop ToRs for specific evaluation and supervise consultants to implement evaluations required for evaluating PF interventions and strategic plan.
- Undertake evaluations as an integral part of the MEL system
- Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure reporting adheres to M&E Framework
- Review reports uploaded in the MIS system
- Ensure data quality of the reports in the MIS system
- Consolidate mid and Annual progress reports
- Coordinate the preparation of donor reports
- Identify and document case stories on the advocacy work
- Prepare MEL workplan and budget.
- Assist program team to develop annual work plans to adhere to the startegtic plan.
- Review quarterly plans to track the progress in implementation of the annual plans.
- Cooridnate review meetings to facilliate learning within the secreatrait and the network.
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of lessons learned
- Identify gaps in existing MIS systems and propose solutions to improve the system.
- Share learning from MEL process with the secreatariat staff and the network in their advocay work.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in social science, Research /Monitoring and evaluation or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Demonstrated ability in leading the monitoring, evaluation and Learning activities.
- Experience in designing survey tools, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative methodology.
- Experience using statistical software package or database. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular.
- Previous experience working in similar organisational context.
- Experience and understanding of effective dissemination and communication of research/evaluation findings within both internal and external organisational settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience in one or more of the following will be of added advantage: 1) analysis of public budgets and use of Social Accountability tools 2) experience in advocacy and policy engagement strategies 3) expertise in public policy implementation strategies 4) Baseline knowledge in the extractive industries and gender issues.
How to apply:
If you fit the above criteria, you are invited to submit the following: (a) a cover letter clearly stating in 200 words or less for job you are applying for, why you want this job and consider yourself suitable for it, (b) salary history, (c) 2-3 references (including one(l) from immediate employer), (d) an updated CV which includes your complete contact details, and (e) sample (no more than 2500 words) of your written work in Kiswahili or English. The application deadline is 07th June 2019. Application materials will be retained by Policy Forum and cannot be returned, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit an application either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Finance & Administration Manager Policy Forum
P. 0 Box 38486 DSM, Tanzania.
Sembeti Str. Plot 14, Hse 752
(Off Mwai Kibaki Rd.) Warioba
Subject: Policy Forum Recruitment – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer.
Disqualification with immediate effect for Canvasing, Corruption, Bribe or any Unethical Behaviour for Candidate!
Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Women are strongly encouraged to apply!