Position: Head of Treasury
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
Key responsibilities include the following:-
- Receive all invoices with supporting documents for processing payments
- Review and posting of supplier invoices (three way match concept to be applied)
- Review and positing of LSP and partner reports
- Management of bank accounts including collection of monthly bank statements for all bank accounts
- Review of all retirements and expense reports in hard copies and SBD
- Follow up all tax issues, including triggering of quarterly tax payments
- Payment of all suppliers and LSP invoices(NBC/RABO and in SBD)
- Review of all MPESA claims, post in SBD and pay through Vodacom MPESA facility
- Posting of all bank statements in SBD
- Filling of all accountable documents
- Posting of all incoming funds (donors and other customers)
- Preparation of monthly transfer request to TZS accounts
- Negotiating best exchange rates for currency conversions
- Preparation of monthly protocols and getting appropriate signatures
- Timely Payment of all statutory deductions in line with the laws of the country
- Advising the procurement department for all transactions which are incomplete in SBD
- Ensure that all staff clear their advances on a timely manner
- Appraise all staff in the unit
- Functional Competencies – demonstrated ability in:
- Excellent knowledge of SAP by D accounting package
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, analytical and quick to act.
- Organization skills and time management – professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Team Player, Effective Interpersonal and Coordination skills
- Computer literate with high degree of proficiency and productivity ;
- Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Qualification and /or Experience:
University degree in Accounting or Diploma of the same or related field, CPA has an added advantage
Minimum 3 years working as an accountant
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position, Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package.
submit your Cover Letter, CV and Salary History on or before 3rd June 2019. if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.