Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit for the following positions.
Position Overview: Senior Technical Officer, Midwifery G-ANC will lead the scale-up of approaches to Group Antenatal Care, organize the group antenatal care (G-ANC) activities, oversee the G-ANC training, supportive supervision and mentorship in line with the national ANC guidelines. S/he will provide technical assistance to integrate evidence-based G-ANC interventions at both facility and community levels across the continuum of care in improving clients’ experience and quality of antenatal care. He/She will provide technical leadership to support expanded coverage and scale-up of GANC interventions as a core component of comprehensive ANC. In this position, the officer will emphasize intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy in addition to early ANC booking, effective management for pregnant women with the gestation below 20, and facilitate the GANC activities. The officer will also work with the broader G-ANC services to ensure comprehensive and integrated programming GANC to improve quality of ANC
- Advanced degree in Nursing and Midwifery or Midwifery
- Strong clinical experience in application of Antenatal care, malaria and/or maternal health services
- At least 3 years of professional and program implementation experience in public and or private health programs.
- Experience working with GoT health systems and personnel
- Demonstrated experience of working on donor-funded projects will be added value
- Ability to perform in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Effective facilitation skills both clinical and non-clinical,
- Team player with experience in working in teams, managing multi-cultural staff, team building and coordination skills.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Computer literate with skills in MS Office Suite.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org
Electronics applications are encouraged. The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12 June 2019, at 5:00 P.M.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
Kindly note: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you wil get an official cal from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong-doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com