Position: Life Skills Clubs Facilitator – Girls Education Program
The Life Skills Clubs Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing the life skills club sessions and activities that are part of Room to Read’s larger Girls’ Education Program (GEP) in Bagamoyo, Chalinze and Kibaha Districts. The Life Skills Clubs have a primary focus on increasing girls’ financial literacy knowledge and skills. In collaboration with GEP staff and school focal teachers, the Club Facilitator works with parents to educate them about the importance of girls’ education by facilitating Community events and parent meetings.
- Program Implementation, Training, and Monitoring
- Organize and facilitate Room to Read’s life skills club activities with girls and support them to use such skills in their lives. This includes delivering sessions using a standard financial literacy
- curriculum, and coordinating related project activities with girls.
- Organize and facilitate Room to Read’s parent and community events to help girls share their skills and learning from life skills Clubs in relation to girls’ education.
- In collaboration with authorities at the school level organize and facilitates after school hours and holiday life skills clubs activities.
- Serve as a positive role model to girls, and engaging in other support activities as needed,
- Participate in regular trainings and meetings with Room to Read staff, as planned.
- Participate in donor site visits and provide information to donors about life Skills Clubs Component of Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program as needed.
- Work with teachers/school authorities to provide additional support to girls.
- Participate in regular review meetings and any other activities that may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization.
- Planning, Reporting and Monitor and keep written records of girls including Clubs and community events attendance, and participation in other program activities. Provide this data to POs when requested.
- Plan, conduct, and document and report results of club activities in schools of work.
- Document best practices, case studies, and lessons learned and share with the GEP Team.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with life skills club facilitator in the subject line to email@example.com or to send by post to the
Room to Read Tanzania,
House no,14, Senga street,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
If you do not hear from Room to Read within one month of the closing date, please accept that your
application was unsuccessful. Please note that late applications will not be considered and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds, Women are encouraged to apply. CLOSING DATE: 06th June, 2019.