Title: National Project Coordinator
Job ID 23773
End Date 11/06/2019
Duty Station Zanzibar, Tanzania, United Republic of
Education & Work Experience I-Master’s Level Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required: Desired:English, Swahili
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Technical Specialist, the National Coordinator will be responsible for achievement of the following results:
- Serve as liaison between UNDP and the Justice Sector in Zanzibar ensuring the effective and timely communication and action on issues relevant to the project;
- Assume responsibility for the planning and conduct of the planning meeting as well as and quarterly Board meetings as well as the timely preparation and submission of the reports to UNDP.
- Provide technical and coordination support to MoCLA in the implementation of planned activities under the LEAP project and the Annual Work Plan;
- In cooperation with UNDP ensure effective administration and financing of the programme.
- Ensure optimal cooperation and collaboration between MoCLA and other justice institutions concerning the implementation of all components of the LEAP project in Zanzibar;
- Provide technical support to MoCLA in the preparation and timely submission of periodic project report to UNDP
- Support the delivery of quality project outputs through quality preparation of annual and quarterly work plans, including budgets;
- Ensure that project implementation complies with UNDP programme and financial management standards and procedures;
- Represent the project and UNDP (as required) in security, governance and human rights forums in raising the profile of project and UNDP in Zanzibar.
- Support MoCLA in planning the activities of the project and monitor progress against the approved work-plan;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- People Management
- Sustainable Development
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation
- Development Planning and Monitoring
- Relationship Management
- Results-based Management
- Project Management
- Knowledge Management
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law, Human Rights, Public Administration, Public Policy, International Development, or any other related discipline, additional qualifications in law would be of an added advantage.
- Must possess (5) five or more years of professional experience in the field of law, legal sector reforms, public sector reforms, policy development, national planning, resource mobilisation, and capacity development
- Must have knowledge and experience in project management for at least (5) five years
- Proven experience in project cycle management in large projects including budget planning, financial management, monitoring and evaluation, with strong project reporting skills
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, and plan as well as transfer knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of networking with partners at all levels
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills
- Experience working with or in international and donor organisations with the implementation of participatory programmes
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in implementing and reporting on donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience as a strategic thinker, communicator and motivator.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.