Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
Position: Procurement Officer
Industry: Print /Digital Media
Job Function: Supply Chain / Procurement
Experience Level: Entry Level
Academic Qlfn: Bachelor
Work Type: Full Time
Location: Dar es salaam
Deadline: June 7, 2019
procurement officer will oversee purchases and develop new contracts, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Full Job Description
• Receives, reviews and approves IPRs within authority limits.
• Gets approval from Section Managers and MD for IPRs above authority.
• Prepare annual procurement plan and monitor its execution.
• Coordinate purchases for major expenditure through tender board.
• Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers.
• Ensures that IPRs are promptly issued for goods and services and LPO/FPOs are approved.
• Follow up and ensures that goods and services ordered are actually delivered as per specifications.
• Monitor consumption, stock and re-order level.
• Ensure that all returns, printed waste, miscellaneous disposable assets and materials are sold in accordance with the approved procedure.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
• Liaise with user departments to ensure that all office utilities are readily available and cost effectively used.
• Monitors all insurance matters to ensure adequate cover, settlement of claims and update records.
• Perform annual supplier’s evaluation and communicate feedback for improvements.
• Manage supplier relationship.