KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Regular follow up with existing client base (Growers and resellers) and confirming an understanding of the client needs
- Regular engagement in the form of face to face visits and or phone calls
- Provide basic technical insight to customers regarding the benefits of using Irvine’s products
- Gathering of market intelligence for feedback to management
- Maintaining great positive relationships with our customers by treating them the Irvine’s way
- Build pipeline of client opportunities in the market
- Clearly understand customer needs
- Ability to identify an appropriate solution based on technical know-how
- Reporting any complaints from a customer must be shared with the supervisor and the sales person must ensure that there is effective communication and feedback given to the customer.
- Any serious technical issues must be escalated immediately to the technical support team
- The sales person must always ensure that they know what their sales target is on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Obtaining confirmed sales orders and providing this to the call centre/sales administrator in a timely manner
- Ensure that all customer placement data is understood and accurately tracked so that effective timing customer visits can be identified
- Obtaining long term placement schedules of customers and relaying this information to the appropriate team members.
- Ensure that all customer feedback and visits are documented, shared with the team, and agreed actions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Drivers license (minimum for a motor cycle)
- Minimum of Grade 12 education
- Must know the greater Dar es Salaam area well.
- Proven ability to approach, engage and initiate new sales opportunities
- Must be able to use a smartphone
- Strong Customer relationship skills, very strong customer first focus
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication (Swahili and English), together with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Ambitious, self-driven individual who has a strong desire to learn
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
- Tertiary education would be advantageous
- Technical understanding of Poultry would be advantageous
If you are interested in applying for this role, then please apply via LinkedIn, and ensure that you include a copy of your CV. If you do not recieve a response within 2 weeks then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Culture is hugely important for the Irvine’s group and together we commit to the following values and behaviours that we believe will make our business successful.
Trustworthy, Honest, Respectful, Accountable, Team Player
RELATIONSHIPS – We take pride in nurturing our relationships with employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers and members of the community.
QUALITY – We pay attention to quality in everything that we do or produce, and we align ourselves with the best in the industry.
INNOVATION – We always test new ways, learn from others, share with others and continue to improve.
LEADERSHIP – We identify potential in our people and continually develop leaders.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS – We share knowledge and develop skills to grow each member of our team as well as our customers and suppliers.
DOING THE RIGHT THING – We strive to do the right thing 100% of the time.
SAY IT IN THE ROOM – We express our opinion and listen to those of others and always “SAY IT IN THE ROOM”.
SENSE OF URGENCY – We deal with a task or problem immediately and complete it in a timely manner.