Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: DIRECTOR
Accountancy is a professional position therefore will oversee all accounting and financial tasks and will provide advice to the management and various department concerning finance. The position is one-year contract With six-month probation Contract will be renewable based on performance.
EDUCATION OFFICE is looking an Accountant to provide to support to different schools which are under Catholic Diocese of Njombe by managing dally accounting tasks. The accountant will be part of a team stall working to maintain all financial records in a transparency way. The ideal candidate must be well-versed ill accounting and able to work with numbers and paying attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation to the Education department and help the office be fully aware of its financial condition / status. This way It can make the light and accomplish long tern success sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries ensure all transactions are recorded
- Work with external auditor auditing activity.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, Income statements and other financial statements according to legal and accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned the management.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports and annual consolidated report
- Assist other accountants / Cashiers in different schools in the department closings reports (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Assist with other accounting tasks as per need
Qualifications and requirements
- Bsc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Age should be between 25 to 40, Gender -female
- Proven experience as accountant at least (2) years
- Excellent computer application and technicality With relevant computer accounting software (e.g.Tall, quick books etc)
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good with communication skills, fluent English and Swahili
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their applications by hand to the Education Office addressed to: DIRECFOR, EDUCATION OFFICE, P.O.BOX 76, NJOMBE. OR through email address Njombelimujimbo@yahoo.com or firstname.lastname@example.org bell before June 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Indicating position applied”. Attach your receni CV, cover letter, with active
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED