Administrative Officer Grade I
The National Ranching Company Limited (NARCO) is a parastatal organization under the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries responsible for large scale commercial ranching in the country. The Headquarters of the Company has been relocated from Dar es Salaam to Dodoma and the transfer was concluded at the end of February, 2019. NARCO, the producers of the world-class KONGWA BEEF, has extensive investments in 8 regions of mainland Tanzania. The Company is currently undergoing rapid transformation intended to create an efficient and vibrant commercial entity that will contribute very positively to the commercial development of the country’s livestock industry. The Company is seeking to recruit dedicated and competent staff in the following junior positions.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER GRADE I (More than one position)
Duty Station – To be determine later
Reports to – HRM / Ranch Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties;
- Taking Stock of properties and assets of the Company.
- Control allocation of vehicles
- Supervise Drivers
- Maintenance of Staff quarters and buildings
- Supervise cleaners and messengers
- Will arrange for hotel reservations and travel arrangements for officers going on leave or duty.
- May undertake minor duties of accounting nature.
- Serving as the Company’s Public Relations Officer.
- Maintaining an adequate and efficient administrative and office services (housing, furniture & fittings, office space, office equipment and stationery).
- Being in charge of transportation of vehicles.
- Being in charge of safety and security.
- Making follow up of all land acquisition documentation and disputes.
- Liaison with Legal Officer in issuing notices for Board Meetings
- Liaison with Legal Officer in writing minutes of the Board proceedings and follows up implementation of Board resolutions.
- Liaison with Legal Officer and Heads of Departments in preparation of files for
- Makes arrangements for transport and accommodation during board meetings in liaison with HRM
- Advises the HRM on all administrative aspects of the Company.
- Liaison with Legal Officer on the follow up of all court cases with the Court or TLC.
- Liaison with Legal Officer in registration of all Company documents according to law.
- To perform any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time by one’s reporting officer.
Holder of a Form IV / Form VI Certificate plus a recognized degree Business
Administration, Sociology, Public Administration, Management or equivalent qualifications with more than 1 year of relevant work experience from a reputable organization. Must have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and should be computer literate.
An attractive Salary in the Scale of NGSS 6 and fringe benefits package will be offered
to the successful candidate depending on qualifications and experience.
The reward package for the above positions will be commensurate with the challenge. Preference will be given to suitably qualified Tanzanians subject to meeting all requirements.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please apply in writing, in strict confidence to the address below enclosing;
- Typed application letter.
- NIDA ID
- Birth Certificate
- Typed curriculum vitae containing details of qualifications, experience and present position.
- Day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address [if any] and names of three referees including your current employer.
- Certified Photocopies (non-returnable) of academic, professional certificates, testimonials and other supporting documents.
Qualified current NARCO volunteers and service contract are encouraged to apply. *
Applications, which should reach the Company by close of business on 11th June, 2019, should
be addressed to;
The General Manager,
National Ranching Company Limited,
Nane Exhibition Grounds,
P. O. Box 1819,
KONGWA BEEF – SIMPLY THE BEST IN TANZANIA