Job Title: Head of Corporate Credit (Job Number: 90235105)
Employer: Barclays Bank
Location: Dar es salaam
Job Type : Full Time
How to Apply:
- To lead, drive the performance of and actively manage the teams charged with the business of credit risk sanctioning with specific responsibilities for Barclays Bank Tanzania Corporate & Business Banking portfolio customers ( majority with credit exposures of <£500k).
- Ensure as a Team Leader and Sanctioner that the agreed asset quality of the corporate portfolio is maintained, both as regards risk decisions supporting origination, interim reviews, annual reviews and on-going monitoring and control.
- Deliver a World-Class Credit service for the Country of responsibility.
- Develop highly motivated team maintaining excellent relationships within own team and wider team to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Lead by example across the risk community ensuring a collaborative approach to the Relationship and Sales Risk Partnership.
- Consider the training and development needs of the team and support the development and implementation of solutions.
- Act as a role model and drive proactive application of Barclays Behaviors throughout the team including establishment of common goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective performance development and succession planning for the team
- Ensure the highest standards of credit quality through the sanctioning, sampling and application of best practice to credit proposals, and maintenance of these standards throughout the Corporate Credit Team.
- Implementation and on going delivery of credit policy and processes. Feed into business and credit policy development.
- Sole lending discretion; BBG linked up to a maximum of £500k. (depending on personal experience/accreditation)
- Exercise personal judgement and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of credit proposals.
- Responsibility for personal & team adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring conformance to policy and procedures including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Maintain interactive relationship with Coaching & Support and Conformance and Audit Team.
- Challenge pricing in order to maximize value. Ultimate sign off at customer level remains with Country Corporate Director.
- Support Corporate Credit Directors, EM in monitoring service & delivery in line with business needs.
- Work in partnership with the Corporate Director to ensure that the local credit teams act to proactively anticipate respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of customers. Always look to add value.
- Proactively embed agreed change initiatives e.g. in support of process & quality improvements, cost reductions and development of credit people.
- Manage high volume workflow to world class standards of quality and cost.
- Deliver within cost budget using ‘working smarter’ approach.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Workflow management
- Strong intellect balanced by practical and pragmatic approach
- Strong internal and external networking
- Risk Management
- Business Management
- People management and coaching
- Communications (written and oral) and presentations\
- Effective negotiation and influencing
- Credit assessment and sanctioning
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website through the link below: