Dental Surgeon II
Position Summary:The incumbent will diagnose and treat dental issues and help patients develop better oral hygiene regimen. S/he will meet with patients, assess their dental health, perform scheduled cleanings, handle complex procedures, such as root canals, extractions, and oral surgery, and work with other staff members, such as dental hygienists and assistants, to provide our clients with quality dental services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct oral health education to patients
- Meet with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, perform regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Perform dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correct bite issues and overcrowding.
- Apply helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribe medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Give clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Order diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keep records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them
- Attend emergency medical duties in oral health
- Carryout investigations of admitted patient
- Ensure that prescribed instructions are carried out
- Conduct minor operations on orthodontics
- Assist senior physicians/surgeons at operations
- Carry out services and participate in major ward rounds
- Supervise medical students and interns in clinical duties
- Ensure that patients are properly prepared for the surgery
- Participate fully I morning clinical sessions and patients presentation
- Participate in research activities
- Assist in conducting outreach programs
- To perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Degree from a recognized institution
- Must be registered by the Tanganyika Medical Council as a dental surgeon
- At least two (2) years working experience as a doctor of dental surgery
MODE OF APPLICATION
- The Job Descriptions for the advertised positions will be obtained in DCMCT website. (http://www.dcmct.or.tz/careers)
- The job reference number should be clearly indicated on top of the envelope or e-mail Subject/headline
- All applications containing letter of application, copies of your academic certificates and a detailed CV with at least three referees, should be through post or e-mail (P O Box 658 Dodoma or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Closing date Friday, 21st June 2019.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
· No hand delivered applications will be processed for these positions
All Applications through Post should be addressed to
Director Dodoma Christian Medical Centre Trust
P.O. Box 658
or E-mail: email@example.com