Programme Associate, Gender Statistics
Location : Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Application Deadline : 26-Jun-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 13d 23h 21m
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : GS-6
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Aug-2019
Duration of Initial Contract : One year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the Country Office and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the Country Office website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Provide guidance and training to Programme Assistants as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the Country Office resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Country Office and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
• Good knowledge of programme management;
• Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
• Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
• Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
• Strong financial and budgeting skills;
• Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment