• Assist in the implementation of the IWRM related activities
• Participate in building the capacity of water governance structures (e.g. Water User Associations (WUAs)).
• Support the documentation of lessons learned and best practices on IWRM.
• Assist in organizing and provide logistical to project events e.g. workshops, meetings and field visits
• Assist in the development of communication materials on IWRM for awareness raising, sharing lessons and improving IUCN visibility
• Assist in the preparation of project reports
• Represent IUCN at IWRM meetings and other events as may be required.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Be enrolled in a University, or equivalent tertiary institution that is relevant and related to the duties and accountabilities as spelled out in the TORs and should have completed at least one year or in the process of completing their degrees.
• Be enrolled in an academic programme or University degree in a relevant discipline, including water resources management, natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, environmental management or related fields.
• Knowledge of Issues related to environmental, water resource management, climate change, would be an added advantage.
• Computer literacy in relation to office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint) use of internet and online communication tools;
• Strong data collection and analysis skills
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili (both written and verbal).
• Transparency: Able to build trust and contribute to informed and responsible decision making by carrying out the work of IUCN in a transparent manner; provides clear guidance to ensure that objectives and desired measurable results are understood by members of the team.
• Inclusiveness: Understands and accepts cultural diversity, and provide a tolerant, positive and supportive working environment that fosters respect for diversity, demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
• Professionalism: Promote the organization’s interests, objectives and values in a diligent and professional manner.
• Accountability: Takes responsibility of individual and collective actions, promotes the IUCN One Programme approach.
• Adheres to IUCN ESARO core values of Transparency, Inclusiveness, Professionalism and Accountability
• Excellent report writing skill
• Computer literacy in relation to office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, power point) use of internet and online communication tools
• Highly motivated and results driven
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be a strong team player
• Committed to continuous learning towards self-development;
• Willing to travel and work in rural areas frequently within Tanzania
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/