Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Administrative Officer I (One Position)
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
Responsible for all general and specific administrative functions in the Authority by ensuring the efficiency productivity and economical standards are attained in utilization of the corporate resources.
Appointment by Managing Director
Reports to Human Resources Manager
Supervises Staff under Administration Section
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Safeguarding subject records and ensure for their intact storage, efficient retrieval and effective circulation;
- Managing contracts regarding with the security and cleanliness of the corporate premises by out¬sourced business partners;
- Supervises the uses of office premises to allocated staff and cause to be carried out preventive maintenance and rehabilitations;
- Safeguard all the Tanga UWASA’s acquired lands and plots by ensuring they have valid and legal ownership documents;
- Pursuing and timely obtain statutory permits for all the Tanga UWASA motor vehicle and cycles, such as insurance covers and road licenses where necessary;
- Supervise and monitor the utilization of the Tanga UWASA’s communication equipment and facil¬ities and their utilization within prescribed purposes and ensure they are functional all the time;
- Maintaining internal communication procedures by establishing effective and efficient means of information dissemination to the Tanga UWASA staff;
- Supervising and monitoring day-to-day performance of sectional staff and keeping records of their performance and consequently their periodic performance appraisal and feedback submission;
- Prepare periodic operational and other management reports to facilitate constant review of the Sections and Department’s performance and as input to managerial decisions;
- Oversee the efficient implementation of all Authority’s Plans including Risk Management Plan;
- Manage the human resources of the Section in accordance with the Public Service Act and Authority’s regulations, in particular their deployment, discipline, appraisal, training or career development and welfare;
- Manages performance and conduct performance appraisals to comply with ISO requirements on the daily activities, and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Human Resources and Administration Manager from time to time.
- Qualifications and Experience The holder of this position must have the following:
- i) Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma in Human Resources Management/Public Ad¬ministration, Sociology, Laws (after internship), Public Service Management or equivalent qual¬ification from a recognised institution. Possession of a Postgraduate Qualification in the related field is an added advantage.
ii) Must have at least Five (5) years working experience in administrative matters.
iii) ICT literate with good and proven interpersonal communication skills
iv) Age Limit – Not above 45 by the time of application.
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th June 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
“Women are highly encouraged to apply”