Office Assistant II
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Office Assistant II (One position)
Appointment by Managing Director
Reports to Administrative Officer
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Prepare the venue for the meetings and follow up availability and distribution of refreshments when needed;
2. Report office maintenance requirements and advises on improvement of office ap¬pearance and surroundings;
3. Clean office and surrounding including supervision of outsourced cleaning services in a particular working area;
4. Open office doors and windows in the morning and close them in the evening after work hours;
5. Photocopy and/or bind office documents;
6. Dispatch all letters, documents and parcels from the Authority and post and collect letters to and from the post office;
7. Keep safe custody of all office equipment and report any damages, losses or theft;
8. Take files and documents to and from the relevant officers and return them in the registries;
9. Distribute office letters, documents and parcels as directed to the relevant officers;
10. Make office tea and distribute to officers; and
11. Perform any other activity related to the above duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications: The holder of this position must have the following:
i) Holder of Form IV/VI certificate.
ii) At least One (1) year experience in office assistance with a reputable employer.
iii) Age Limit- Not above 35
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th June 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
“Women are highly encouraged to apply”