Pump Operator II
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA) is competitively best utility in the Tanzanian Water Sector, supplying clean and safe water and provides sewerage services in Tanga City. The Authority with the ISO 9001:2015 certification in quality management systems, is hereby seeking for a relevant qualified and highly motivated persons to fill the following competitive vacancies available in her manning level.
Title of position: Pump Operator II (One Position)
Appointment by Managing Director
Reports to Plant and Maintenance Technician
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Operates water pumps and mechanical/electrical equipment in accordance with set schedules;
2. Monitors electrical equipment and pumps performance and advises the Plant and Main-tenance Technician in case of malfunctioning;
3. Carries out housekeeping work for pumping station and equipment;
4. Records such machine performance as pressure gauges, meter readings, electric meter, etc.;
5. Records the amount of pumped water at established time intervals;
6. Takes water tank levels readings at established time intervals;
7. Comply with ISO requirements on the daily activities;
8. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Plant and Maintenance Technician from time to time..
Qualifications: The holder of this position must have the following:
i) Holder of Form 1V/VI certificate with Trade Test Grade One/Level III in Mechanical / Electrical or Pumps from a recognized Institution.
ii) At least One year working experience with a reputable employer;
iii) Age Limit- Not above 35
Terms of Engagement Permanent and Pensionable
All the posts carry attractive remuneration packages respectively, according to the Authority’s salary scale and other entitlements.
A hand-written signed application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing age, current employer and working position, address, names and contacts addresses of three referees and day working telephone numbers, Copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Applicants employed in Public Service should route their applications through their respective employers.
Your application letter should reach to the undersigned before 30th June 2019.
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O Box 5011,
“Women are highly encouraged to apply”