Executive Sous Chef
Manage all aspects of Lodge and Plan, organize, control and direct the work to employees responsible for preparation of sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates and show pieces while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen’s bakery/pastry shop through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- Assist in the planning and development of menus for the hotel; ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control. Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Impact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.